Thank you for your interest in Bexley Seabury Seminary. For detailed information about our programs, please go the Academics tab above. If you have questions or would like more information about our programs, please fill out one of the inquiry cards below and we will be in touch with you shortly.
- Inquiry card for the D.Min. in Congregational Development.
- Inquiry card for the Master of Divinity.
- Inquiry card for the Diploma in Anglican Studies.
- Inquiry card for the Diaconal Enrichment Program.
You may also contact Jaime Briceno, our recruiter and admissions coordinator. (312) 380-7045
Before you choose a seminary, we urge you to visit us to tour the campus, experience a class, or meet students and faculty. Please send an email to Jaime Briceño or phone Jaime at 773.380.7045 to make arrangements.
Ready to Apply?
Please note that the D.Min. degee requires an M.Div. or academic equivalent. The M.Div. degree and Diploma in Anglican Students normally require a bachelor’s degree.
Please click on your program selection to apply online.
In most cases, the M.Div. application is complete upon receipt of three letters of recommendation, your official bachelor’s degree transcript, and a personal statement.
If you wish to be considered for a special scholarship under the Bexley Seabury Scholars program, such as the St. Marina Scholarship, additional documentation is required to complete your M.Div. application. Click here to determine if you are eligible for this scholarship and for instructions on how to apply.
Neither admission into the MDiv degree program at Bexley Seabury Seminary, nor completion of the degree, is a guarantee of postulancy, candidacy, or ordination in any Diocese of the Episcopal Church. It is the responsibility of students to determine and ensure compliance with the ordination process and requirements of their particular Diocese. Students who are actively discerning a possible call to ordained ministry are strongly encouraged to consult with their local Bishop or Commission in Ministry prior to applying for admission to Bexley Seabury or any other MDiv program.
Admission requirements for the Anglican Studies program include either a registrar’s letter confirming matriculation in an masters-level program at an accredited seminary or an official transcript of your highest degree completed, plus a letter of recommendation from someone with whom you’ve worked in ministry. Application deadlines: July 15, 2017 for Fall admission; December 15, 2016 for Spring admission.
For questions about the Anglican Studies program, please send an email to Academic Dean Therese DeLisio or phone 773.380.6787.
The diaconal enrichment program can be taken both for academic credit or for CEU’s. Please click here to learn more.
Click here for to learn about application requirements, deadlines, fees, and to apply for this program online.
Visit the Association of Chicago Theological Schools (ACTS) DMin in Preaching website for application procedures.
Apply here to our 2017 leadership institute.
Transfer Credit Policy
Bexley Seabury accepts credits earned at accredited graduate schools and seminaries if it they can be applied appropriately to a Bexley Seabury degree program, with certain provisos.
- Students must complete at least one third of their studies at Bexley Seabury to qualify for a Bexley Seabury degree.
- No transfer credit will be given for work done with a letter grade under B.
- There is a time limit of 10 years on (1) transfer credit, (2) credit from Bexley Seabury for a degree that was not completed, and (3) credit from Bexley Seabury for a completed masters’ degree that is to be applied to a different masters’ degree Program.
- At the discretion of the Dean, students holding an M.A. or equivalent degree may be granted transfer credit for up to two-thirds of the required hours in the M.Div. degree at Bexley Seabury.
- Although credits transferred from another institution may be used to satisfy Bexley Seabury core and option requirements in a specific field of study, a student may be required, at the discretion of the Academic Dean, to take additional work in that field. Applicability to Bexley Seabury core and option requirements is determined by the Dean in consultation with appropriate faculty.
- Bexley Seabury accepts DMin credit in transfer for work done at the doctoral level at other accredited seminaries or institutions of higher education, subject to the degree restrictions on number of credits which can be transferred. With the permission of the Academic Dean, students in this program may transfer up to two doctoral-level course credits from another accredited seminary or institution of higher education.
- At the discretion of the Dean, Bexley Seabury may apply graduate credits earned as part of another degree program.
- Some masters-level courses taken at another seminary may be eligible for transfer credit in satisfaction of the Anglican Studies Diploma area requirements (Congregational Mission and Leadership; Theology or Church History; Practical Theology; Ecumenism, Interreligious Relations, or Global Anglicanism).
All requests for transfer credit must be made, in writing, to the Academic Dean, Therese DeLisio. Your request should be accompanied by an official transcript reflecting the course credits sought to be transferred. Syllabi from those courses and/or a writing sample may be required.
Please contact Jaime Briceno with any other questions.