Presented by The Anglican Theological Review, Bexley Seabury Seminary Federation, and the CEEP Network
Prayer in a Time of Pandemic
Thursday, April 30
How do we pray in a pandemic? Over the last month and more we have all been facing various means of social distancing. Clergy and other church leaders, perhaps counterintuitively, have often found themselves more frantically busy during this time. Others have found this as well, with endless Zoom and Skype sessions, and work continuing unabated, perhaps while also supervising children learning at home, or juggling other new duties. And yet others are contending with illness, or unemployment. It is a fraught time. Many of the patterns and securities of “normal” life are out of joint.
Join four theologians and theological educators as they share their perspective on and practices of prayer during a time of pandemic. We will be joined by Liza Anderson who teaches theology at the College of St. Scholastica in Duluth, Minnesota; Julia Gatta, who teaches pastoral theology at the School of Theology, The University of the South, Sewanee; and Jacob Sherman, who teaches philosophy, theology, and religious studies at the California Institute of Integral Studies; and Katherine Sonderegger, who teaches theology at Virginia Theological Seminary. Micah Jackson, President of Bexley Seabury Seminary will moderate.
Join our scholars and teachers for this webinar on approaching prayer in difficult times..
- Liza Anderson – Assistant Professor of Theology and Religious Studies, The College of St. Scholastica; Duluth, Minnesota
- Julia Gatta – The Bishop Frank A. Juhan Professor of Pastoral Theology, School of Theology, the University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee
- Micah Jackson – President, Bexley Seabury Seminary; Chicago, Illinois
- Jacob Sherman – Professor and Chair of the Philosophy and Religion Department, The California Institute of Integral Studies; San Francisco, California
- Katherine Sonderegger – William Meade Chair in Systematic Theology, Virginia Theological Seminary; Alexandria, Virginia
Please register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/103273862904