3-year MDiv scholarships
Thanks to two generous donors, Bexley Seabury St. Marina Scholars pursue a Master of Divinity degree with full scholarship support. LGBTQ leaders who are committed to justice ministry in the Episcopal Church as ordained persons are invited to apply.
...we, the church, are desperately lacking accessibility for and inclusion of countless people living in and within arm’s reach of our community.”
—2018-2019 Bexley Seabury St. Marina Scholar
Challenging coursework for 21st-century ministry:
ACCESSIBLE: Courses meet on campus, online, and in students’ local ministry settings.
- NON-RESIDENTIAL. On-campus sessions meet two or three weekends per semester (fall and spring), or for one week in January and June.
- CONTEXTUAL: We help you link what you learn to what is happening in the world, in the church, and in your local ministry setting.
St. Marina Scholars are LGBTQ leaders who:
- Show a strong commitment to justice ministry
- Have solid academic credentials
- Plan to study full time at Bexley Seabury for three consecutive years
- MORE INFORMATION HERE
Our unique field education program includes an internship (minimum two years) at a participating congregation, chaplaincy, or other ministry setting. And our flexible schedule lets you maintain your professional, family, and ministry responsibilities.
Apply by June 15, 2024
Through this scholarship, we are able to encourage more Master of Divinity students who reflect the diversity of God’s people and are committed to just treatment for persons who are pushed to the margins. We thank our donors for their generous and faithful witness.
Call Jaime Briceño, Director of Admissions and Recruitment and Digital Missioner, at 773.380.7045
Bexley Seabury is a seminary of the Episcopal Church offering an innovative, non-residential theological education in a generous spiritual and intellectual tradition. We equip lay and ordained leaders for bold inquiry in service of the Gospel and active engagement in congregational and community life.