Transfer Credit Policy
Credit will be transferred from accredited graduate schools and seminaries if it can appropriately be applied to a Bexley Seabury degree program, with certain provisos.
- Students must complete at least one third of their studies at Bexley Seabury to qualify for a Bexley Seabury degree.
- No transfer credit will be given for work done with a letter grade under B.
- There is a time limit of 10 years on (1) transfer credit, (2) credit from Bexley Seabury for a degree that was not completed, and (3) credit from Bexley Seabury for a completed masters’ degree that is to be applied to a different masters’ degree Program.
- At the discretion of the Dean, students holding an M.A. or equivalent degree may be granted transfer credit for up to two-thirds of the required hours in the M.Div. degree at Bexley Seabury.
- Although credits transferred from another institution may be used to satisfy Bexley Seabury core and option requirements in a specific field of study, a student may be required, at the discretion of the Academic Dean, to take additional work in that field. Applicability to Bexley Seabury core and option requirements is determined by the Dean in consultation with appropriate faculty.
- Bexley Seabury accepts DMin credit in transfer for work done at the doctoral level at other accredited seminaries or institutions of higher education, subject to the degree restrictions on number of credits which can be transferred. With the permission of the Academic Dean, students in this program may transfer up to two doctoral-level course credits from another accredited seminary or institution of higher education.
- At the discretion of the Dean, Bexley Seabury may apply graduate credits earned as part of another degree program.
Credit Hours Policy
A credit hour represents approximately 1 hour of work per week in a semester-length course, including at least 1 hour of direct faculty instruction and a minimum of two hours out of class. (Out of class work may include internships, practica and other academic work.) Most courses offered by Bexley Seabury are 3 credit courses, involving approximately 36 hours of direct faculty instruction plus more than 72 hours of work outside of class.